Lobethal Bierhaus beers are brewed and packaged entirely on site using the best available malted barley, wheat and real hops. We do not use artificial preservatives or flavourings.
Our brew length (the size of each batch of beer we produce) is 1,200 Litres with weekly brew days often consisting of multiple brews.
The majority of our core equipment was made in Canada by Newland Systems, Inc. with key components including:
- A two roller grain mill & flexible auger
- Combined 1,200 litre mash / lauter tun
- Steam fired kettle / whirlpool & Heat exchanger
- Seven bright / serving tanks with a storage capacity of 6,000 Lts
We also have:
- 13 glycol chilled fermenters with a total fermentation capacity of just under 30,000 Lts
- Bespoke automated steam keg washer made by our neighbours Henstock Engineering
- A Leibinger automated bottling line imported from Germany and installed by Norbert from Bev Tech
- At least 12 different beers regularly on tap and 4 traditional hand pumps
- A 40 litre More Beer pilot brewery, which includes both a scaled down brewhouse, and temperature controlled fermentation, for recipe development.
- Totally bespoke 1,000kg single vessel malting system engineered and installed by our friends Steve at Richter Industrial Services, James from Mannings Refrigeration & Electrical, and Jeff from Henstock Engineering.